General

Here you can help us shape the Aherk! experience the way you want it to be.

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Lose 30 Lbs

Swimming 2-3 times a week.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • stomach is so big after I eat my stomach bloated but after post menopause have no idea how to lose my stomach

have high blood pressure I'm a diabetic and my doctors trying to put me on insulin and I'm not not forward that. What can you do to keep me from being put on insulin. What are your meal planner.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • lose weight

Exercise n eat healthy

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Wondering...

I am a Physical Training Coach who has suggested that some of my players and clients try Aherk.

Their impression: Most think that their "Friends" will throw the Vote just to reveal their compromising photo!!

This must be a comment that you hear from many, no?

17 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for contacting us. You’re right – this has been a major concern from a lot of prospective users.

We have been aware of this issue since before launch but felt that the peer-pressure side of Aherk! would be well served if we stuck with the “one Facebook friend, one vote” approach. Such approach is also harmonious with the obvious “humorous” tone of the service.

The ideal scenario is the user posting a mildly embarrassing photo. Something that would give him a push to pursue the goal, but nothing that could really put him into trouble (like a “hey baby, here’s me with my mistress” kind of photo). Beacuse, yes, many friends will vote against him even if they know he succeeded. Human nature…

However, since many people are expressing this concern, we’re considering creating an alternative referee system. The idea is letting the user choose between one…

• link up with universities so students can interact with each other/keep on top of studies and asignments

Hi, I'm at QLD Uni of Tech in Australia. I really love this idea and think it has heaps of potential. I think this app could become huge as it could be applied to many different situations and also encourage different groups of people to interact....I also really like the funny tone/I'd be even more politically incorrect and shocking to get attention....My idea is that maybe down the track you link up with forward thinking universities and create an app/use this app for students. As all uni students have assignments/readings/presentations they need to keep on top of. Also all of…

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katy

We loved your idea and will give it some serious thought. It’s quite a big step though, and it will take some time if we decide to go that way.

Maybe we could get the persons university from their Facebook profile and show them a link to see goals from people at their institution. What do you think?

And you think our humorous tone is too PC… That’s the kind of user we’re seeking!

Thanks for your feedback and we’ll keep you posted on if, how and when we implement your idea.

• I think you should put all 3 steps on the first page

The little arrows aren't that obvious, and it's not clear that they lead to the following steps. I don't see any reason not to give a full overview right from the start.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

In this beta phase we’re more worried about the inner works of the application, testing if everything is working out as expected.

At a later stage, however, we’ll review the design and user interface and your input will definitely be taken into account.

Thanks!

• 6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Would love this myself!

The thing is we have to give some time for the user’s friends to vote. Currently this time frame is set to 3 days.

What we would need to do then, would be to create an identical new goal everyday, which would clog the interface unless we redesigned it.

So although we love the idea (and I could use it myself in sooo many situations) I think it will take sometime for it to be implemented (if ever).

Thanks a lot for your feedback, though, and please reply if you come up with alternative ways to solve this problem.

• Make it more clear how individuals vote on your success.

Do friends have to download an app to vote? If so, I won't be interested in using this service. Great idea though!

8 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ben,

No, your friends don’t need to download anything to vote.

When your deadline is reached, we post a notice to your Facebook feed with a link to your goal at Aherk!

In this page, your friends will be able to vote if you’ve reached your goal or not.

Note, however, that your friends need to login to be able to vote. This ensures that each person only gets one vote. We don’t want a naughty friend voting “NO” a zillion times…

You’re not the first one to complain about the voting process not being clear. We’ll definitely find a better way to explain the voting system sometime soon.

All the best and thank you very much for your feeback!

• 5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion, Aaron :)

You’re not the first one to complain about Aherk! being a little too confusing.

But can you help us make your idea more actionable by providing some details? What do you think we should change/refactor?

Or to keep the humorous tone that distinguishes us from most productivity apps: can you make your suggestion less confusing? ;o)

One more time: thank you! At this early stage there’s nothing more valuable than feedback. And a Merry Xmas to you!

• What is to say Aherk isn't just a giant honeypot for photos

What guarantee of privacy is there that photos won't get outside of a specific group of friends? Who's to say that the aherk creator(s) aren't just creating an elaborate phishing scheme for getting butt pics of people? Does the submission policy preclude using photos for any other purposes? It should.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Nicholas,

First of all, I can’t understand why everybody is talking about butt photos :) Seems to be the natural “bomb”!

Second, I’m not that into butts, so you can relax ;)

Now, seriously, I appreciate your concern and it’s an absolutely legitimate one. Truth is Aherk! started as a game among friends while I was learning how to program in Rails, and it became a public thing almost by accident.

Although I have thought of writing up a privacy policy, I never got to that given (a) the amount of programming that needed to be done & (b) the dullness of such “bureaucratic” things…

Now it’s a must, and we’ll get to that soon. Thanks for keeping us on our toes! :)

For now, all I can tell you is that we’re acting on good faith. If it gives you any comfort, I have no pivacy mask on…

• Fix the copy (grammar)

Right now it posts this:

"I've just created a goal at Aherk! Here's how I've described it:

<goal>

I have to achieve it until December 29, 2011... You'll then have the chance to vote, telling people if I've made it or not."

Problems:
                          -The first sentence unnecessarily takes up two lines and creates awkward white space.
                          -It doesn't tell me friends what aherk or the goal-setting mechanism is about at all.
                          -The last part has a grammatical error. It should say "I have until <date> to achieve it," not "I have to achieve it until..."

Solutions:

You need copy with…

5 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Brian,

Thanks for pointing this out.

None of us are native English speakers, and we knew that there are mistakes around the site. Luckily for us you were kind enough to point this out.

You are also right regarding the effectiveness of the texts we use when posting to Facebook. However, we have to take into account that people use different phrasings, and some would look awkward in the middle of a "I plan to " sentence.

We’ll look into it and try to find a solution.

Thanks again!

• Choose friends who get to vote

I made my goal, and expected to see a screen where I can choose friends who will see the post about the goal. I do not want all of my friends to know what I'm working on.

Ideally it should be via any of my friend lists (the goal is visible to only those list members, and only people in that list can vote on it)

32 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi CaptNemo,

This is a very, very interesting idea, and we’ll certainly take it into consideration.

One of the central pillars at Aherk!, however, is peer pressure, so we’ll also have to take that into account. On the other hand, selecting your friends may even enhance the commitment.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a position on this!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base